Become an SFWPC Member!
Get Involved | Make a Difference | Champion Women in Politics
Every person can make a difference!
By becoming a member of SFWPC, you’re joining the only organization in San Francisco that champions policies, candidates, and endorsements from the lens of intersectional feminism. As an active member you can make your voice heard by voting to endorse candidates and ballot measures, support policies, and affect change that furthers our shared mission and vision.
What does it mean to be a member of SFWPC?
- Participate & vote in our PAC endorsements (eligible after attending 2 events)
- Join a committee (Policy, Events, PAC, Comms, Membership, Fundraising)
- Apply to hold a leadership position on our Board
- Attend events & meetups as a member
- Learn about & influence state & local policies
- Meet local political leaders, influencers, & organizers
- Gain political experience, get involved, & make a difference
- Be a part of the only women-run/women-focused organization
- Connect with like-minded people & learn from them / network
Membership Dues & Eligibility
Individuals of any gender can become a member of SFWPC and your membership fee is paid annually.
Membership Fee Options:
- Regular Membership: $35
- Senior/Student/Disabled/Low-Income Membership: $15
- Pay-It-Forward Membership*: $70
*“Pay-It-Forward” membership provides you & one other person a membership. It helps to support another SFWPC member by offsetting the full cost of membership for them. Your contribution to this model will help will empower another individual to be an active member when they might otherwise be unable. If you have someone you would like to Pay-It-Forward to OR if you are interested in applying for a Pay-It-Forward Membership, please email us at email@example.com.
Membership dues support all of the organizations work including: sending out the only women's slate card in San Francisco, supporting our volunteer board operations, and hosting events.
Endorsement Voting Eligibility
Only members who are current on their dues and who have attended at least two (2) events within a twelve-month time frame can vote in the SFWPC endorsement process. We have formal voting processes for local and statewide ballot measures and candidates, as well as to elect our leadership team. The endorsement vote event, if in person, does not count towards the twelve-month period; however, it will count toward the next voting eligibility.